1951 to 2016
"The Tower of Power family was stunned today by the news that Mic Gillette, our dear friend and bandmate going back to 1966, passed away. Mic was without a doubt the greatest brass player I've ever known. Our sincere condolences go out to his wife Julia and his daughter Megan and their entire family."
Emilio Castillo - Bandleader for Tower of Power
For close to 50 years, Tower of Power has been creating their own kind of soul music. Since 1968, Tower of Power has delivered their unique brand of music to their fans, appearing before sold out crowds as they tour the world each year. Tower’s sound can be hard to categorize, but the band's leader and founding member, Emilio Castillo, has labeled their sound as "Urban Soul Music."
Tower's rhythm section lays down a groove like no other band. The band’s horn driven sound is unique, and the way they approach everything, from writing and arranging to mixing and performing, is totally their own. Combine all of that with an outstanding lead vocalist and you have one of the most dynamic groups of musicians to ever hit the stage.
Meet the Band
- Emilio Castillo - Second Tenor Sax, Background & Lead Vocals
- Stephen "DOC" Kupka - Baritone Saxophone
- Francis Rocco Prestia - Bass Guitar
- David Garibaldi - Drums
- Roger Smith - Keyboards, Background Vocals
- Tome E. Pollitzer - First Tenor Sax, Alto Sax, Flute, Clarinet
- Adolfo Acosta - Second Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Jerry Cortez - Guitar, Vocals
- Sal Cracciolo - Trumpet
- Ray Greene - Lead & Background Vocals
|Seattle, WA||Jan 21-24|
|Bremerton, Wa||Jan 26|
|Grand Ronde, OR||Jan 30|
|Stateline, NV||Feb 6|
|Las Vegas, NV||Feb 12,13,14|
|Moscow ID||Feb 26|
|Wash DC||Mar 12|
|Rancho Mirage CA||Mar 26|
|Colorado Springs CO||April 9-11|
|Boston MA||Apr 14|
|New Haven CT||April 14|
Who Will Be Tower Of Power's Next Lead Vocalist?
Ray Greene: Lead Vocalist for Tower Of Power 2014 - Present
Ray Greene will be leaving Tower Of Power in the near future and will be joining Santana.
It is my sad duty to report that Ray Greene will be leaving Tower of Power for Santana as of the middle of February. He's been one of the greatest singers we've ever had and we're sad to see him go. That being said we need a new singer ASAP. See the info below if you're up to the task.
Emilio Castillo – Bandleader for Tower of Power
Tower of Power is searching for their next singer. As you can imagine, we have quite a network of musicians and we are already getting people contacting us for this amazing opportunity. It's 2016, and we realize that the internet can be a very important component in our search for a new lead vocalist. If you think you have what it takes, please get in touch with us and provide the information below.
Before you contact us at the email link below, TOP wants you to know:
1. We are away from home approximately 200 days a year. This includes travel days, off days and show days.
2. We travel all over the world so passports and visas must be current and there should be nothing preventing you from easily traveling in and out of the US and through other countries.
3. Many times TOP will play three or four full shows on consecutive nights.
4. There are a couple of occasions per year where TOP will play two shows a night for three or four consecutive days.
5. TOP will hold auditions at a specific time and place. The process will include our review of your materials and from these submissions ten finalists will be chosen.
Please submit the following:
1. YouTube links of your most proud live performances. We want to see your "A" game.
2. MP3's of you performing original songs (if you have them) and/or cover tunes that show your ability to sing in up tempo and ballad form as well as showing your vocal range and interpretation. Please send at least three songs.
3. A few photos of yourself, performance and/or candid shots.
4. Any credits and other information you would like us to have.
5. Make sure to include your full name, address, and phone number. This is a MUST!
If you are interested in more information regarding this opportunity, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your correspondence will be treated as confidential the information submitted will be held in confidence. You will receive additional information regarding this opportunity.
PLEASE DO NOT Email us with suggestions or names of singers, only emails coming from the individual looking for more information will be responded to.
© 1968-2016 Tower of Power